[x265] x265 cuTree bug report

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Tue Jan 21 19:49:16 CET 2014

On Jan 21, 2014, at 2:49 AM, herman.chen at rock-chips.com wrote:

> Probably there is a bug on cuTree module.
>
> Here is the screen shot of function Lookahead::estimateCUPropagate on line:1343
> There is a branch on mv non-equal to zero, but actually in x264 it is a branch for zero mv. So here should be a bug which will make the cuTree estimation inaccurate.
>
> x265:
> <Catch(01-21-16-49-33).jpg>
>
> x264:
> <CatchD678(01-21-16-49-33).jpg>

Great catch, thanks.
> BTW, how can I make my commit?

You clone our repo with Mercurial, change the code and commit locally, then use the patchbomb extension (or the TortoiseHg email dialog) to email the patch to this list.

If you are git-centric, there is a git clone of x265 on bitbucket; you may clone that and make the commit and email that patch; it is all the same to me.

For this particular bug, I will probably fix it right away and give you credits in the commit message.

--
Steve Borho