[x265] Source Code Documentation of X265 Required

waqasjahangeri . waqas.jahangeri at gmail.com
Sun Jul 27 11:03:38 CEST 2014

My name is Waqas Ahmad and i am doing my PHD in electronics engineering. I
have chosen video encoding as my research field. I am working in a
government funded research project. The system is about Telemedicine based
health care solution. The existing system uses H264 codec and my job is to
upgrade the system with H265 codec so that bandwidth requirements should
reduced to 40% to 50%, as per H265 claim.

I am working on X265 encoder from last two months. I have found a good
major overview of encoder interfaces by reading the document

Link : http://x265.readthedocs.org/en/latest/introduction.html.

It is quite abstract level document, is there any documentation on the
source code? Currently i am understanding file compress.cpp (its function
xCompressInterCU) and understanding  the code via debugging. It could be
very helpful if i got some detailed source code documentation.

Best Regards Waqas Ahmad