[x265] Max TU Size

Steve Borho steve at borho.org
Thu Oct 23 18:25:18 CEST 2014

On 10/23, Nicolas Morey-Chaisemartin wrote:
> Ok, I'll cleanup and post my patch for that.
> Also, both max and min TU size are computed in encoder.cpp and params.cpp (once for check, once for the real usage).
> Would it make sense to store this value somewhere so we can be sure that the value is always the same on both side?

Those checks in x265_check_params() are fairly unhelpful since they are
checking variables the user isn't directly providing. That function
should only be validating things in x265_param, so the checks and error
messages needs to be in terms of param values.

The checks involving maxLog2CUSize and tuQTMinLog2Size should probably
be turned into X265_CHECK() calls in initSPS(); while
x265_check_params() should just make sure param->maxCUSize and
param->tuQTMaxInterDepth, etc can coexist

--
Steve Borho