[x265] Dynamic rate control

Joshua Bowman silverbacknet at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 12:44:04 CEST 2015

You should be able to use x265_encoder_reconfig to continually change the VBV
as you get updated on how much bandwidth & congestion you have. By adjusting VBV you
can achieve the fine-grained rate control you want; scalable encoding is little more
than the standardized encoding of several streams, RTSP-style, and switching between
them, so I don't think it'd be applicable to your case.