[x265] How can I enable the AVX2 version of DCT and IDCT?

Dnyaneshwar Gorade dnyaneshwar at multicorewareinc.com
Wed Sep 16 15:24:57 CEST 2015

Hi Ximing,

If your machine (and OS also) supports AVX2 instruction set then you are
already compiling and using AVX2 version of DCT functions.
x265 automatically detects & sets all assembly primitives to highest/latest
available instruction sets.

When you run encoder, you can check command prompt output if cpu
capabilities info shows AVX2 instruction set or not.
You can get the source code of DCT AVX2 functions in dct8.asm file.

Regards,
Dnyaneshwar