[x265] deblock.cpp, ipfilter.cpp review comments

N Vijay Anand nvijay.anand at trispacetech.com
Fri Nov 25 21:16:56 CET 2016

In order to do significant optimisations, following approach is proposed.

1. Perform C level simulation with frame buffer data
    rearranged at the initialise stage itself in picking 16x16 blocks in
raster
    scan order within CTU size 64x64 along entire CTU sized slices.
2. The savings are immense in terms of cached access to memory lines
    in ME module, filter modules, MC reconstruction module, and other low
    level modules (transforms, quant, etc.)
3. The overhead is code readability and logic to read a block of data.
4. The existing numbers on instructions to compute a module isn't affected
    much, but cycles to compute is reduced significantly.
5. We need to percolate the changes affected to assembly modules (load and
    and maybe store instructions only)

-Vijay