[x265] Release version 3.1.2

Aruna Matheswaran aruna at multicorewareinc.com
Thu Aug 1 15:21:39 CEST 2019

On Wed, Jul 31, 2019 at 7:21 PM Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer <contact at ligh.de>
wrote:

> Aruna Matheswaran schrieb am 31.07.2019 um 07:52:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Version 3.1.2 of x265 is released with the fix for issue #498
> > <
> https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/issues/498/31rc-library-hangs-during-encoder_close>.
>
> > Check out our downloads page
> > <https://bitbucket.org/multicoreware/x265/downloads/>for the tarball.
> >
> > Looking forward to your feedback.
> > --
> > Regards,
> > Aruna

> I might be wrong, but ... tagging without merging may result in two
> parallel branches: "default" with the code and "release" with the tags.
> And if you are unlucky (like right now), the "tip" points to the newest
> tag with outdated code.

Mario, We have implemented a new release process in v3.1. The plan is to
maintain a separate branch for every release of x265.  All the bug fixes
specific to release "X.X" will be pushed to "Release_X.X" with a tag
"X.X.X" and the fix will be grafted to all the succeeding release branches
as well into default. This way the integrating application will have the
freedom to pick whichever version of x265 it wants as all the bug fixes
specific to that version will be available in the release branch unlike
earlier where all the bug fixes go into the tip of stable and the user is
forced to use the recent release of x265.

Stable will get periodic merges from default and once an ample amount of
work goes into stable we'll create a new release branch and tag the new
version.

> --
>
> Fun and success!
>
> Mario *LigH* Rohkrämer