[x265] Use cases for aq-mode=4

Nomis101 🐝 Nomis101 at web.de
Wed Aug 7 23:55:07 CEST 2019

I know, all the command line options are may give an improvement for one situation and others where they don't give an improvement or even hurt quality. So, I've learned aq-mode=3 is best for dark
scenes (in SDR). But, I was wondering about the (best) intended use cases for the new aq-mode=4? The documentation says "AQ enabled with auto-variance and edge information". This sounds very good.
But, is this good for SDR or HDR? For film or anime? For scenes with lots of motion or less motion? What are the intended use cases? I did some experiments, but they did not give me much
clarification. And searching the web also didn't help.

Regards,
Simon