[x265] Less FPS

Sunil Kumar skgola1997 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 09:17:54 CET 2019

Hi,
I am new to media encoding, I have heard that x265 is a very efficient
encoding tool on Intel's platform with avx512 enabled. But I am not able to
get good FPS with avx512 enable. Can you please help me improving the
performance?

1) I have tried with core pinning but it seems like using more cores is not
beneficial, even reducing the FPS, How can we decide the no. of cores for
best FPS in multi socket system.

2) Can suggest the command for efficient performance like the best command
line parameters or performance parameters (if we use preset then it will
compromise with the quality of video and same with CRF, help in deciding
best thing).

3) How can I run in parallel or in multi pass (2 pass) please give an
command example.
the command i was using is:

./x265 --input <video.yuv> --input-res 1920x1080 --fps 50 --output
out.hevc  --max-merge 3 --no-tskip --no-rect --frame-threads 16 --pools
"+,-" --bitrate 16000 --asm avx512

how can we decide the --fps for input video? max-merge, no-tskip,
fram-threads etc.
Please give command so that it will help me out.
Thanks,
Sunil