[libbluray-devel] "bd_get_main_title" question

John Stebbins stebbins at jetheaddev.com
Thu Jul 31 23:09:37 CEST 2014

On 07/31/2014 01:24 PM, Dave wrote:
> Thanks for the responses, Petri and John.  Wow, indeed, the more I learn
> about the situation the more murky it becomes!!  I thought there might
> be a "simple" solution floating around, but it looks like that isn't and
> can't be the case.  Not YET anyway. :)
>
>> We could also "run" the menus by triggering timeouts immediately, until
>> some of the long playlists is selected. But not all discs will timeout
>> and start the main movie without user interaction. Any other ideas ?
>> Yes and no. BD-J support allows using on-disc Java menus. But it
>> does not help in automatic main title selection, it always requires
>> user interaction.
> Since the disc DOES start the correct MPLS (or perhaps series of MPLS
> files, if there are warnings, logos, etc before the main title) when the
> "Play" menu option is selected, then that seems to be the key and it
> makes me want to track down what exactly is happening programmatically
> menu-wise when the "Play" option is selected.  With the BD-J support
> that's soon to be released, perhaps that will be more possible??  At the
> very least I could navigate the menus with the BD-J-supporting version
> of libbluray, start the main title from the menu, and use Process
> Monitor as I was before to monitor for the playlist that's opening.  Is
> there a rough target release date for the new BD-J supporting libbluray?
> -Dave

The "Play" option is just some random button that happens to have an icon with the word "Play" on it.  There is no
special designation that distinguishes this button from all other buttons. There may be no easy programmatic method to
identify which button happens to have this graphic attached to it (short of OCR).  BD-J makes things more difficult
since the flexibility of the java language provides a multitude of ways that the BD author could script these menus.

--
John      GnuPG fingerprint: D0EC B3DB C372 D1F1 0B01  83F0 49F1 D7B2 60D4 D0F7