[libbluray-devel] Missing path to JVM for OpenJDK 8 in bdj.c?

Mon Apr 25 18:54:00 CEST 2016

Hi,

I recently encountered a problem with Libbluray 0.9.2 and OpenJDK 8.

When analysing a Blu-ray disc with BD-J content by using Ffprobe (which
uses libbluray), the following error appears:

$ ffprobe -i bluray:<bluray_path> -loglevel quiet
bdj.c:457: BD-J check: Failed to load JVM library

This error message does not appear when installing OpenJDK 7.

I took a look at the source code of Libbluray and saw that the path to
the JVM for OpenJDK 8 is missing:

http://git.videolan.org/?p=libbluray.git;a=blob;f=src/libbluray/bdj/bdj.c;h=101d33564083a900f8bed5ba0b47536e5402841f;hb=HEAD#l203

I thought at first that Libbluray was not compatible with OpenJDK 8 and
opened a ticket on the bug tracker of my distribution (Archlinux):
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/48982

Have you an idea about where this problem could be solved? In Libbluray
or in the package of my distribution?

Best Regards.