[libbluray-devel] libbluray & audio stream switching

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 30 09:53:36 CEST 2017

su, 2017-06-11 kello 07:59 -0700, j Halcom kirjoitti:
> Problem: When a directshow graph using libbluray first starts it gets
> the "ac3" mediatype from the intro video. It then goes to the bluray
> menu. The main movie is "dts". When it is selected "ASAudioHD" (or
> LAVAudio) will not allow a dynamic change of its media type so the
> audio fails.
> Possible Solution: Based on some posts I have read here I am thinking
> it might make sense to "suspend" the libbluray filter (which holds
> the
> state of bdjava) and then build a new filter based on the selected
> m2ts file. When its time to go back to the menu, tear down the
> filtergraph and rebuild the graph around the libbluray filter again,
> and then resume the libbluray menu.
> Question: How are other people handling this. Maybe there is a way to
> get the Audio Filter to switch mediatypes dynamically? Maybe I missed
> something obvious in the directshow graph control.
> Thanks for any help!

Wrong mailing list ? (there's nothing directshow related in libbluray).

Anyway, you need to be prepared for both audio and video format changes
when playing with menus.
When playing without menus video format should not change. But
different languages may use different audio formats (this is actually
quite common).