[libbluray-devel] Headers needed by bd_read_mpls() are not installed

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Tue May 9 13:46:01 CEST 2017

Hello,

la, 2017-05-06 kello 23:08 +0800, Holy Wu kirjoitti:
> In bluray.h, the mpls_pl struct only has declaration but no
> definition. Therefore the user can't do anything useful on the
> returned pointer of bd_read_mpls(), because it's an incomplete type.

Do you have a real use case for the data ?

> While the definition of mpls_pl struct is in
> "libbluray/bdnav/mpls_parse.h", the header itself also includes
> another header "util/attributes.h". Both headers are not installed by
> make, as they are not listed in pkginclude_HEADERS of Makefile.am.
> Hence the user has to manually copy these two files to corresponding
> places. That's really not a standard way to install and use a
> library. Probably bd_read_mobj and bd_read_bdjo also have the same
> issues, although I don't use the two releated functions.

Those functions are used for unit testing and debugging. Data
structures are internal, not part of public / "stable" API.

We can export data structures from mpls_parse.h (and from other headers
too) if there is some real use case for the data.

Ideally (player) application should not need to know about the internal
details. If there's something missing in the API, we can add new fields
to existing structures. If it is needed to implement missing
functionality, it could be added directly to the library.