[libbluray-devel] bd_read output m2ts and language tags

Shaya Potter spotter at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 12:19:37 CEST 2020

when I read a title with libbluray, i get a nice m2ts (I believe) stream.
However, while this stream has all the video/audio/pg streams, it loses the
language associated with them (as part of juts the clip info I guess, not
the raw m2ts stream).

Now, it seems that it is possible for this info to be part of the mpegts
stream (or at least I think), as ffmpeg can assign the metadata language to
it, but that just works now for audio streams as ffmpeg is known to not be
able to write hdmv_pgs streams to an mpegts container.

Any chance libbluray could just append the language metadata itself (at
least if asked by the api user?).

not as important (and perhaps less possible), but what about chapters?

thanks.