[libbluray-devel] JRE for Android part 2

Shaya Potter spotter at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 14:52:55 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jan 27, 2021 at 4:46 PM Petri Hintukainen <
phintuka at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Another thing that could be worth of trying is disabling JIT (I don't
> know if Android allows running user-generated code, or if JIT is even
> enabled in android build).
> This can be done by executing the following line unconditionally:
>
>     option[n++].optionString = str_dup("-Xint");
>
> (= replace if(getenv("BDJ_JVM_DISABLE_JIT")) with if(1) )

I don't believe it uses the jit, I believe android use zerovm, which is
total bytecode interpretation.  With that said, I'd guess that should be
sufficient for bluray xlets from a perfomance perspective, as they were
built to be run on very constrained devices?

yep: http://openjdk.java.net/projects/mobile/android.html.  This is, I
believe less because of not being able to have a jit on android (any web
browser probabl jit's javascript) and more that it doesn't include any
assembly, so its meat to be their most portable vm.