[libdvdnav-devel] DVD-Video Info

Jean-Baptiste Kempf jb at videolan.org
Thu Oct 2 15:00:03 CEST 2014

Le 01/10/2014 21:35, Lawrence D'Oliveiro a écrit :
> On Wed, 1 Oct 2014 22:17:57 -0600, Steve Dibb wrote:
>
>> We so need to compare notes.  I've recently started my own set of
>> programs [1] to get info off a DVD and scan them for issues, helped
>> resurrect development of lsdvd [2], and have my own wiki [3] for a
>> braindump of all the DVD stuff I've encountered over the years.
>
> Thanks, those are handy links. Maybe worth cross-linking between your
> wiki and my wikibook. :)

Or put it on one unique place?

>> I'm also curious to see how development on dvdauthor is going.
>
> My motivation for working on it is driven by how useful it is to
> people. Is there still a lot of demand for creating DVD-Video discs?

There is always quite a bit about it. But not that much, from what I see...

> Also I get requests to merge patches for things like “DVD-h264” which
> I’d never heard of before. Are these, ahem, hacks of the DVD-Video spec
> becoming popular?

Not really popular, but DVD is the only way to create correct menus, and
mpeg-2 is not compressed enough...

I personally have big use of this DVD-h264 thing though.

--
Jean-Baptiste Kempf
http://www.jbkempf.com/ - +33 672 704 734