[libdvdnav-devel] DVD-Video Info

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Fri Oct 3 04:36:20 CEST 2014

On Thu, 02 Oct 2014 06:00:03 -0700, Jean-Baptiste Kempf wrote:

> Le 01/10/2014 21:35, Lawrence D'Oliveiro a écrit :
>
>> Maybe worth cross-linking between your wiki and my wikibook. :)
>
> Or put it on one unique place?

At a quick look, it appears my wikibook has more detail in it at the
moment.

>> Also I get requests to merge patches for things like “DVD-h264”
>> which I’d never heard of before. Are these, ahem, hacks of the
>> DVD-Video spec becoming popular?
>
> Not really popular, but DVD is the only way to create correct menus,
> and mpeg-2 is not compressed enough...

That’s the thing, I was wondering if people still cared about fancy
menus and interactive features. Myself, I just want to play the titles
and be done with it.

> I personally have big use of this DVD-h264 thing though.

So you make optical discs, rather than playing directly off a hard
drive via a media streamer or like that?