[libdvdnav-devel] Easier Autotools Invocation?

Lawrence D'Oliveiro ldo at geek-central.gen.nz
Fri Oct 3 01:50:49 CEST 2014

I see the libdvdread source tree is free of any Autotools-generated
stuff. I did the same thing with DVDAuthor
<https://github.com/ldo/dvdauthor>. But for DVDAuthor, I provided a
couple of scripts called “bootstrap” and “make-dist”. The former does
all the necessary Autotools invocation, so the build steps become
basically

    ./bootstrap && ./confgure && make -j$(nproc)

In turn, make-dist is used to generate stable release tarballs: within a
temporary copy of the source tree, it invokes bootstrap, then gets rid
of it, together with the Autotools source files, so the recipient only
has to do the configure and the make.

Would you like something similar for libdvdread?