[Translators] VLC 2.0.2 Basque Update (POT-Creation-Date 2012-06-07)

Julen Ruiz Aizpuru julenx at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 18:05:24 CEST 2012

Hi,

I value people translating into Basque because the task is big and the
skills are few.

As some others mentioned back in February[1] the issue is about the
quality and the terminology of the translation. We get complaints not
only from our community[2] but from the public.

We have worked hard to refine the terminology and translation style[3]
over the years so that people can enjoy software in Basque. This work
hasn't only been done by people sharing translations with
Librezale.org but also by people like Iñaki Larrañaga and other major
parties involved in localizing software into our language.

As the current maintainer[4], I'd propose that the way forward we
revert to the translation proposed by Aritz Erkiaga[5], the previous
VLC maintainer. This is also the well tested and reviewed translation.
This gives a good base on which to start a collaboration. I would want
to follow the accepted style guide and work towards a translation that
people can understand as opposed to a 100% complete translation.

Looking forward to your thoughts,
Julen.

[1] http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/vlc-devel/2012-February/085884.html
[2] http://librezale.org/pipermail/librezale/2012-January/004268.html
[3] http://librezale.org/wiki/Estilo-liburua
[4] http://mailman.videolan.org/pipermail/translators/2012-March/001039.html
[5] Attachment sent to xtophe in that mail