[Translators] Translators Digest, Vol 59, Issue 3

Mr. Phan Anh ppanhh at gmail.com
Wed Aug 14 12:51:01 CEST 2013

Sender: ppanhh
But I have never actually know about the group for maintaining this mailing
list for VLC (especially for translator)
I would like to have the private email of maintainers (not from
Christopher.M - I got his) for further contact.

2. Untill now, we already have had something called "nightly build". In
fact, I got known about this by C.M. But, what's the real rountine and
timeline for actually release.
And in the mailing list, I thought this is the most stupid thing.
Why?
As we can see, the amount of translation now moved to Transifex, but,
literally, we can't keep up with all the amount of translation.
Although we consider them in "percent", but, we also have to at least, in
the mailing list, each issue, I meant, EACH ISSUE, there should be an
annoucement about the time for the next release and also the time for the
nightly build - of course, with the link on it - to test the content of our
translation.

3. 2.0 verus 2.1
As I have as CM about the differences between those version, he told me
that 2.1 is the "continuous" edition from 2.0.
That's mean you can use the translation in 2.1, then upload on Transifex
for the 2.0, and then you will get the up-to-date version for translation.
I am now continuing my translation with 2.1, sometimes, I upload the 2.1
into 2.0.
But, I want to know exactly, that: "Is it safe to do so, will we get any
trouble by that behavior of translating?"

4. Well, this is really annoying.
I have never tested the display of my language - Vietnamese, into the
version of Terminal/Command Windows.
I myself is a stupid boy on Windows (8 now), so I wonder what the hell of
my translation would be displayed in the terminal.
Why do I discuss about this?
Easily, in the command or the terminal in Windows 8, I got bull shit stuff
in displaying my language, that is, my translation misses some "glym" in
the translation - not the full display in the gui.
For example, "TÔI" would be become "Tạlfjálfjáljfklàlàklạk" or some shit
like that.
Till this time, I have chosen the way of translate my language - the
display for terminal part - in plain text (the Latin style with from A to
Z).
And when I did that, of course, everything would be fine in both the GUI
and the terminal, but, I would like to ask about "Can we have any solution
with display Vietnamese Translation in Windows command/terminal?"
What is my problem in displaying the translation of Vietnamese in
terminal/commander?

Besides, I would like to ask the maintainer of our mailing list, take a
screen shot of displaying Vietnamese in Linux Terminal.