[Translators] Resolve the issues and Conflicts

Mr. Phan Anh ppanhh at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 19:37:49 CEST 2013

Name:Anh Phan

Email: ppanhh at gmail.com

Position: Vietnamese Translation

Content: Resolve the issues and Conflicts

====

   1. Just about over last 24 hours, there was an email that was sent to
   the mailing list of VLC Translation about the Vietnamese Translation in
   which the conflicts appeared.
   2. First of all, I was the translator who wrote that email, so I will
   have to also be the person who report the solution and the result of these
   conflicts.
   3. The point for this conflicts is the misunderstood situation between
   me and the maintainer of iOS for VLC. He worried about the real case of
   random advertisement  that would be put into the GUI of VLC platform. The
   solution from him was delaying the translation until all the conflicts have
   been resolved.

By this action, he meant to informed and show his aware of abusing the
meaning of VLC to broadcast or make a propaganda of someone in the platform
( in this case is my situation in translating “about” entry into the name
of the ongoing forum that host translation for Vietnamese).

This action shown his sympathy and compassion to all the translator and the
trending of VLC translation project. But, we have misunderstood the
situation in interpreting way, and this caused the conflict, resulted as my
previous email.

By far, the thing that he worried has actually happened with some
translator. The most easy recoginition is the translation of Facebook at
the first time in about 2008. At that time, some of the translators put the
adverstisement on the content of Facebook. Because Facebook has set up the
translation project for the volunteers all over the world for local
translation of their services.

   1. So:

   1. The misunderstood situation has been resolved
   2. By this mistake, I hope that the other translator would take care of
   their own translation to avoid the same mistake in near future.
   3. The information which is provided by the maintainer should be clear
   and informative to the translator.
   4. When the conflicts appears ( as I resume), we would put the conflict
   entries in the condition of “same as the source” by a simple function on
   Transifex or just simply put that conflict entry at the status of original
   string.