[Translators] VLC on iOS

Christoph Miebach christoph.miebach at web.de
Mon Sep 9 12:18:05 CEST 2013

Hello!

I should have changed the subject as I will only answer on the android
part...

Am 09.09.2013 11:47, schrieb Joan Montané:
> I post following feature request to traslators list becasue it's0 closely
> related to l10n work, :)
>
> 2013/7/29 Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com>
>
>>   VLC for iOS running in French on device with French language settings
>> quite nicely.
>>
>>> Did him and me simple miss a manual language selection menu item (in
>> which case, what's the path?) or is there none?
>> I guess so. It's in Settings -> General -> ..

^^ Looks like there is a setting for iOS as well.

> I'm not iOS user, but after some quick testing I find there isn't custom
> language selection for VLC. I mean setting a language for VLC different
> from iOS language. AFAIK, it's not possible with VLC for iOS/Android. Or
> maybe I didn't find the option.
>
> Can you add a VLC setting option to choose a custom language in iOS &
> Android version? There are small or minoritzed languages which are no
> possible to set as OS locale. IMHO all applications should be allowed to
> select a custom language for UI. It's a must-have feature for minoritzed
> language speaking users.

For android:
Menu->Preferences->Advanced debugging->Set locale

Setting "cat" (without ") and hit (as suggested) "Quit application"
will run vlc with a Catalan interface.

Since it is not that easy to find this setting again if you do not speak
the language, there is no select box for available languages.

Nota bene:
"Menu->Preferences->Advanced debugging->Set locale" might be harder to
follow in a different language.

Best regards

Christoph