[Translators] VLC on iOS

Joan Montané jmontane at softcatala.cat
Mon Sep 9 12:36:25 CEST 2013

That was a really quick support!!!

2013/9/9 Christoph Miebach <christoph.miebach at web.de>

> 2013/7/29 Felix Paul Kühne <fkuehne.videolan at gmail.com>
>>
>>    VLC for iOS running in French on device with French language settings
>>> quite nicely.
>>>
>>>  Did him and me simple miss a manual language selection menu item (in
>>>>
>>> which case, what's the path?) or is there none?
>>> I guess so. It's in Settings -> General -> ..
>>>

> ^^ Looks like there is a setting for iOS as well.

I thought it, but I didn't find the option. As I said, I'm not iOS user, I
will find an iOS device from friend and search this option deeply.

>> Can you add a VLC setting option to choose a custom language in iOS &
>> Android version? There are small or minoritzed languages which are no
>> possible to set as OS locale. IMHO all applications should be allowed to
>> select a custom language for UI. It's a must-have feature for minoritzed
>> language speaking users.
>>

> For android:
> Menu->Preferences->Advanced debugging->Set locale
>
> Setting "cat" (without ") and hit (as suggested) "Quit application"
> will run vlc with a Catalan interface.

I find it,  thanks!!! "ca" or "ca-ES" as locale work fine.

> Since it is not that easy to find this setting again if you do not speak
> the language, there is no select box for available languages.

I have a big request to add an user-friebdly select box, and put this
option in a high level, more visible, of Preferences menu.

Best regards,
Joan Montané