[Translators] Tamil Localization for VLC-Website, VLC-iOS and VLC-Installer - 100%

அருண் குமார் - Arun Kumar thangam.arunx at gmail.com
Fri Sep 19 13:33:24 CEST 2014

Hi Christoph,

Thanks a lot for support and help.

>       • ios-2.0 - 100% Done
> >
> >       • ios-settings-2.0 - 100% Done
>
> Do you have a device to test this?
> I can’t provide you with a preview, but if Tamil is available on the iOS
> side, Felix might be able to give you a preview.

I have iPhone 4s with iOS 7.1.1
It has Tamil Keyboard Support and It has support Tamil Calendar.
iOS is not yet provide complete interface in Tamil.

I am downloading
http://nightlies.videolan.org/build/ios/MobileVLCKit-UniversalBinary-20140918-0617.zip
But not sure how to install it my iOS device.

Let me know, how to test it on my iPhone 4s?

> >       • vlc-2.1-installer - 100%  Done

I’ll do this updates on the next release round, since it’s hard for me to
> test while able to break the build...

When will be the next round release ?

> >       • vlc-android - 100%  Done (I tested already)
>
> Nice. Did you test with a regular beta (with version number) or with a
> nightly (broken sometimes, so not always available)?

I have tested with nightly builds.

> >       • vlc_website - 100% Done
>
> This was not ready yesterday, so it was not included so far.
> However, check
> http://www.videolan.org/index.ta.html
> http://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.ta.html

Tamil is not yet added on the "main page of Translation list"
Other web pages are not allowed for translations?

> Fix everything that looks odd on transifex and tell me (no need to use
> this mailing list) when your review is done.

I have modified few strings which are not makinging any sense. I will keep
reviewing and update you.

> So when can I test the Tamil interface on iOS Device, VLC Installer on
> Windows OS and www.videolan.org website.
> Thanks for your work!

Thanks & Regards
Arun