[x265] Deterministic CPU core pinning

Raj K Chinna rajendran.bits at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 08:16:41 CEST 2019

Thanks Michael.

I did try out these options and that works as per the documentation. but,
the problem comes when I want to run multiple instances without overlapping
CPU's. For example, lets say I have a system with 2 NUMA's with each having
24 cores (12 physical + 12 HT) and second numa has same replica.
So, in this powerful system I want to run 8 instances with 6 cores (3
physical + 2 HT) each (without overlapping! between cores). If I use pools
option and start multiple instances (with each --pools x,- ) then they
doesn't seems to utilizing all the cores and also seeing overlaps.

Is there a reason why the CPU pinning was done internally?

Thanks,
*Raj*
*Do it today or leave it !!!*