[libbluray-devel] JRE for Android part 3

Petri Hintukainen phintuka at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jan 30 16:58:06 UTC 2021

la, 2021-01-30 kello 18:27 +0200, Shaya Potter kirjoitti:
> On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 12:14 AM Vitor Dall'Acqua <veggav at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Nailed it
> > 2021-01-29 20:07:07.860 T:13984    INFO <general>:
> > CBitstreamConverter::Open Invalid hvcC
> > 2021-01-29 20:07:07.862 T:13984   ERROR <general>:
> > CDVDVideoCodecAndroidMediaCodec:: Failed to create Android
> > MediaCodec
> > 2021-01-29 20:07:07.863 T:13984    INFO <general>:
> > CDVDVideoCodecFFmpeg::Open() Using codec: HEVC (High Efficiency
> > Video Coding)
> >

> have you tried it without the jvm and does it initiate the hardware
> cosdec correctly?  and therefore play the uhd fine?  (i.e. by using
> kodi just to select a title/playlist)

Yes, could check that too (or even playing directly the problematic
.m2ts file). I remember there was an issue where few first ts packets
were skipped. That could cause issues while initializing HW codec ?

> the fact that it works well with regular blurays, but not UHD, makes
> me wonder if kodi is initiating the hevc hardware codec incorrectly
> for the UHD bluray or if the hevc codec doesn't support a mode it
> needs if its going to have to "draw over" the screen, while the AVC
> codec does.  Dont know anything about android and built in codecs and
> their capabilities, so just thinking out loud about what could be the
> differences.

Maybe HW codec is disabled intentionally ? Vitor, you mentioned
something about DVD menus earlier. Could it be HW decoding in menus is
disabled because of DVD/MPEG2 still images ?
BluRay menus usually use background video, so this is not needed. Those
few that use still images should be easy to detect from playlist
metadata.